Tetraflon offers a wide range of products for different applications, to solve the industry requirements.
Tetraflon has an extensive portfolio which includes Engineered Plastics; offering a wide selection of materials in order to give an optimal response to meet any industry requirements.
Its most common applications are in the automotive, electrical and electronic industries, construction industry, consumer goods and for industrial applications such as coatings resistant to abrasion and corrosion.
Properties of Engineering Plastics:
- — Good mechanical characteristics
- — Excellent machinability and dimensional stability
- — Good chemical resistance
- — Good wear resistance
Expanded PTFE Gaskets are made with Virgin PTFE and it has a multi-directional expansion.
It is a highly compressible material that can easily adapt to almost any kind of sealing surfaces, including damaged ones. It has the same chemical resistance as PTFE which makes it able to work with fluids range Ph 0-14 (except Fluorine and molten alkali metals). Its purity allows it to be in touch with food. Its multi-directional structure helps substantially reduce runoff and loosening, retaining the torque.
Properties of Expanded PTFE:
- — Excellent sealability
- — Withstands pressures up to 3000 psi
- — Non-polluting and non-toxic
- — Complies with FDA regulations
- — Temperature resistance from -240°C to +270°C
- — Great flexibility
- — Easy to install and cut
- — High compressibility
Tetraflon offers a wide range of braided packings in 5 kg packages. There are lubricated packings for pumps and dry packings for valves. In particular, they are used very frequently to seal valves, pumps and reactors, but also for other applications. In general, it is used under conditions of high temperature and/or pressure. There are packings of different types, with particular characteristics according to certain conditions, for example, the constructive form of the entanglement of the gasket, the hybrid design of the gasket, etc.
Braided packings, whether PTFE, graphite, hemp or other materials, are widely used in industrial applications.
- — Excellent chemical resistance, resists aggressive fluids, including acids, bases, and solvents.
- — Low coefficient of friction in contact with most surfaces. Helps reduce energy consumption.
- — Elastic.
- — Self-lubricating.
- — Withstands high linear speed and pressure with minimal shaft wear.
- — Good for corrosive media, high speed applications, or applications that require clean, minimally contaminated material.